Ways of Curbing Cultism
Cultism is a menace to society, especially since it involves the youths who are supposed to be future leaders, hence steps should be taken to eliminate it before it leads to the demise and destruction of the community.
The following are steps that can be taken to eradicate cultism in our society.
- Public Enlightenment: There should be campaigns by government and non-governmental organizations to educate, youth, parents, and other members of the society about the ills, and consequences of cultism through forms of media like radio, television, internet, and social media.
- Vigilance: Parents, teachers, and other adults should be vigilant and watchful. They should monitor the young, the friends they keep, and the activities they are involved in. They should monitor their phones, pictures, and types of movies the children watch.
- Moral instructions: Religion and moral instructions should be given to students of all levels of education. It should be included in the school curriculum. Churches should organize spiritual seminars and workshops for youths.
- Legislation: There should be strict and tough measures against any individual who is involved in cultism. Laws to prohibit students and also adults involved in cultism should be put in place.
- Censorship of the Internet and Social Media: Social media should be checked and censored. The type of films and sites children log into should be censured by the government agencies set up to do so, so that children would not be misled with wrong and dangerous information.