Problems Created by Lack of Tap and their Solutions
The following are some of the problems which are associated with the lack of TAP:
1. Dishonesty: An officer who lacks TAP in the conduct of his duties will likely be dishonest and cannot be trusted especially when financial matters are under consideration.
2. Fraud: Fraud is mainly concerned with the falsification or misappropriation of funds. When TAP is lacking, cases of fraud can be common in that organization.
3. Corruption: When TAP is lacking in an organization, it gives room for corrupt practices.
4. Favouritism: Lack of TAP often gives rise to favouritism. This gives rise to treating one person or group better than others, that is, inequality, while one is treated fairly, the other is treated in an unfair manner.
5. Partiality: When TAP is lacking public officers tend to be partial.
6. Disrespect for Rule of Law and Disobedience: Under normal circumstances, TAP requires that official activities are done according to laid down rules.