JSS3: BUSINESS STUDIES - 1ST TERM
Office Procedures | Week 1 & 23 Topics|1 Quiz
Imprest Account | Week 32 Topics|1 Quiz
The Role of Wages and Salaries Unit | Week 43 Topics|1 Quiz
Store Records | Week 54 Topics|1 Quiz
Office Equipment | Week 63 Topics|1 Quiz
Advertising | Week 73 Topics|1 Quiz
Transport | Week 86 Topics|1 Quiz
Communication | Week 94 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Transportation involves the movement of raw materials, finished goods, and individuals from one place to another. Transportation is important because it facilitates trade among people, which is vital for socio-economic development.
Importance of Transportation:
1. Transportation makes it possible for raw materials to reach the various industries, for the manufacturing of different products.
2. Through transportation, manufactured goods are easily moved to the marketplace, to meet consumers’ needs.
3. Locating industries in different towns is possible, because of the availability of different means of transportation.
4. Manufactured goods are moved, from the cities and towns to our local villages, with the aid of our transport system.
5. It promotes national and international trade.
6. The various means of transportation provide employment, to millions of people all over the world.
7. It develops the tourism sector of a country.
8. Transportation makes it easier for people to move around.
Various Types of Transportation in Nigeria:
1. Transportation by Air.
2. Transportation by Land (Rail and Road)
3. Transportation by Water.
4. Transportation by Pipeline.