JSS3: BUSINESS STUDIES - 1ST TERM
Office Procedures | Week 1 & 23Topics|1 Quiz
Imprest Account | Week 32Topics|1 Quiz
The Role of Wages and Salaries Unit | Week 43Topics|1 Quiz
Store Records | Week 54Topics|1 Quiz
Office Equipment | Week 63Topics|1 Quiz
Advertising | Week 73Topics|1 Quiz
Transport | Week 86Topics|1 Quiz
Communication | Week 94Topics|1 Quiz
Transportation by Air
This involves transporting goods and individuals by means of aeroplanes and helicopters. This is the fastest means of transportation used by businessmen, top government officials, tourists, etc. Air transport can be used for both domestic and international flights.
There are cargo air carriers and passenger air carriers.
Air cargo is another term for air freight. It is the carriage or the transportation of goods through an air carrier. It enables goods to be delivered from overseas to Nigeria, within the shortest possible time.
Passenger air carriers are commercial flights, used to carry individuals, mail, or goods at a given price.
Commercial air carriers in Nigeria include Air Peace, Arik Air, Medview Air, Dana Air, etc.
Advantages of Air Transportation:
1. It is very fast and can be used to travel long distances within a short time.
2. It is very convenient for businessmen willing to transact an urgent business.
3. It is the preferred means of transportation when fragile goods are to be moved, for a long distance.
4. Accidents are not very common.
DIsadvantages of Air Transportation:
1. It is very expensive to buy an aeroplane.
2. The plane is very expensive to use and maintain.
3. The plane cannot be used if there is no airport.
4. Accidents, though not frequent, can be catastrophic.
5. It cannot carry heavy machinery.