Characteristics and Functions of Retail Trade
1. Little Capital: The amount of money required for small scale retailing is small.
2. Few Staff Required: The number of workers, required for business is small since the business itself is small.
3. Consumer Goods: Small retailers usually deal on consumer goods.
4. Assorted/Varieties of Goods: The retailer buys and sells varieties of products.
5. Consumers Friendly: The retailers deal mostly on consumer goods which they bring nearer to the consumers door step.
6 The retailer sells goods in bits or in units.