JSS1: BASIC SCIENCE - 1ST TERM
Introduction to Science | Week 14 Topics|1 Quiz
Family Health | Week 26 Topics|1 Quiz
Meaning of Health (Concept of Health)
Ways of Maintaining Good Health
Advantages of Personal Hygiene
Factors That Lead to Low Level of Personal Hygiene
Disadvantages of not Observing Personal Cleanliness (Poor Hygiene)
- Meaning of Health (Concept of Health)
Family Health (Sanitation) | Week 34 Topics|1 Quiz
Family Health (Nutrition) | Week 48 Topics|1 Quiz
Drug and Substance Abuse | Week 53 Topics|1 Quiz
Environmental Pollution: Air Pollution | Week 63 Topics
Soil pollution | Week 72 Topics
Water Pollution | Week 84 Topics|1 Quiz
Do you like this content?
Meaning of Environmental Sanitation
Sanitation is the process of keeping places clean and healthy, especially by providing a sewage system and a clean water supply.
Environmental sanitation is the process (Art and Science) of keeping our environment clean, by removing waste matter of all kinds from our environment.
Importance of Environmental Sanitation:
1. It makes the environment habitable for living.
2. It helps in maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
3. Pollution prevention.
4. Promotes human health.
5. It makes our environment free of objects that can cause accidents.
6. It reduces the number of disease-causing organisms.
Characteristics of a Healthy Environment:
A healthy environment is a result of environmental sanitation. The following are the characteristics of a healthy environment;
1. It is very neat.
2. Has a safe and good water supply.
3. Has fresh air and is well ventilated.
4. Does not have an unpleasant odour.
5. Free of objects that can cause accidents.