JSS2: BUSINESS STUDIES – 1ST TERM
Reception Office | Week 18Topics|1 Quiz
Office Correspondence | Week 25Topics|1 Quiz
Office Documents | Week 32Topics|1 Quiz
Trade | Week 42Topics
Aids to Trade | Week 53Topics|1 Quiz
Market | Week 64Topics|1 Quiz
Buying and Selling | Week 75Topics|1 Quiz
Distribution I | Week 84Topics|1 Quiz
Distribution II | Week 95Topics|1 Quiz
Definition and Importance of Trade
Meaning of Trade:
Trade is the buying and selling of goods and services to satisfy human wants.
Importance of Trade:
Some of the importance of trade are discussed below;
1. Trade provides an opportunity, which enables buyers and sellers to come together, to buy and sell their products.
2. Trade provides a safe haven, for producers to sell their goods, and promote their services.
3. Trade enables the customers to have access to goods and services needed.
4. With trade, goods produced abroad, are brought to Nigeria for sale (Import)
5. Trade makes it possible for goods produced locally to be taken to other countries for sale (Export)
6. It promotes the economic growth and development of a nation.
7. It is a means of generating income.