Uses of Non – Ferrous Alloys
1. Nichrome: This is the composition of nickel, iron, and chromium. It can be used to manufacture electrical resistance wire. e.g. Ring boiler.
2. Solder: This is the mixture of tin + lead. Solder is used for joining metals and creating electrical joints, such as copper joining in circuit boards and copper pipe joints.
3. Brass: Brass is the mixture of copper + zinc. It is generally used for decorative work and for ammunition.
4. Duralumin: This is the composition of aluminium + copper + manganese + magnesium. This alloy is best for building aircraft bodies, railway coaches, and ship bodies.
5. Bronze: Bronze is a mixture of copper + tin. It is used for manufacturing machinery and for decorative metalwork like sculpturing.
6. Coins: This is the mixture of copper + tin + zinc. This material is used for making coins and medals.